Monday, September 18, 2006

I'm a Cantalope F*cker....

Saturday night I went to visit my Ween for her 30th birthday and we went to see Jon Stewart at the Merriweather Post Pavilion in Maryland. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. He is just one of the funniest men alive. He started his night with discussions about the President and the state of our world. He was quick to note that G.W.'s response to any question he doesn't want to answer is, "There are people out there trying to kill us." Yeah, we know...there always have been and there always will be. He then moved on to talk about how extremists on both ends of the political spectrum are the ones controlling things because they mobilize. While us moderates are busy doing other things. I've often said that - so it was nice to have my views substantiated by Mr. Stewart.

One of the funniest parts of his act was when he talked about having problems with his computer. How he bought a top of the line Mac5 and had trouble five months later and everyone at the store acted like it was a Commodore 64. He also went on to say he bought the computer to play games and how one night he shook his wife awake at 4:00am to tell her he saved the world and her response was, "You've been playing for nine hours?" Who among us with a 30-something year old husband can't identify with that story.

The set-up of the venue was a little strange but the seats were good and everyone sat in rapt attention during his entire hour and a half performance. Even the opening comic was pretty funny - so it made for a great night.

2 comments:

Greazy Tony said...

I posted this for Inky so I owe you one as well:

I comment on blogs. I’m a blog commenter

Angry Inky said...

I'm jealous. My Ween and My Jon share the same birthday. By the way, I'm a pinata f*cker.