Wednesday, November 21, 2007

In a Thankful Kind of Mood...

At the risk of sounding terribly sappy I want to talk about things I'm thankful for this year...

1) I'm thankful that Miss Elizabeth is part of our family and here to celebrate Thanksgiving with all of us this year. Just remember when she cries that you all think she's the most adorable thing ever :)

2) I'm thankful for all of the wonderful family members and friends in my life who lift me up and make me feel loved all year long. But I am especially thankful for everyone who prayed for us and kept us in their thoughts when Elizabeth was sick and needed help. I will be forever grateful for that.

3) I'm thankful that I have a job and health insurance so that Elizabeth could get the medical care she needed and so that we didn't have to pay $150,000 + for it.

4) I'm thankful for the nurses and the doctors at Grandview Hospital and C.H.O.P. who took care of our little miracle so she could be the healthy little girl she is today. Especially Dr. Liechty who operated twice with such precision that you'd never even know it.

5) I'm thankful that my Mom is a careful driver. Her sitting at the traffic light a second longer then normal (even though her light was green) probably saved her life and Kyle's when the A-hole on his cell phone blew threw the red light.

6) I'm thankful that my Mom and my Mother-in-Law are willing and able to care for Elizabeth everyday so Matt and I can keep working to further all of our causes.

7) I'm thankful that Matt was able to be home with me during Elizabeth's birth and for several months afterward. Her challenges wiped me out but having him to help and support me made all the difference.

I know there are probably a million other specific things I am thankful for but I will end here. I hope to have a more grateful attitude in the coming year - and figured this was a good place to start.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angry Inky said...

You are such a sappy Ween. But, I love you. I am thankful for my Ween. And, my baby Ween.