Monday, January 15, 2007

My Favorite Place, That I've Never Been...


I've always loved cereal. When I was a kid it was the occasional box of Cookie Crisp we were lucky enough to score, in a household marked largely by non-sugary standards like Cheerios and Rice Krispies. College was a dream come true for me, we had at least 20 varieties of cereal all lined up in a row just ripe for the picking. That's where I developed my affinity for Captian Crunch Peanut Butter Balls. My roommate and best friend always said that if she wrote a memoir it would be titled..."Sex & Cereal, The Life & Times of Andrea Berry". She even wrote an ode to Fruit Loops for our poetry class.

For several years now there has been a cereal cafe located approximately an hour from my house, in downtown Philadelphia. I've planned many visits there in my mind, but I have yet to actually make the trip. Now it seems they are opening a location in State College, PA sometime this month. Now my husband doesn't share my love of cereal but he did attend Penn State and fiercely loves them. We haven't been out to visit for a while so we might be able to combine both of our loves and I can finally score some of this cereal...that I will eat from a Chinese take out style container....I can even get candy on it if I want to....

1 comment:

mad scientist said...

I have been to Cereality. It was fun...once. It gets a little overwhelming when you have to choose your combo.