Friday, April 21, 2006

Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Go Back on the Playground...

I bet Kurt Busch thought that after he won the Nextel Cup Championship in 2004 that he would be one of the popular kids. Turns out that isn't the case. In an interview after the Pepsi 300 Busch race last Saturday (4/15), Kevin Harvick was asked who was the more hated driver Tony Stewart or Kurt Busch.

Kevin Harvick had this to say: "The thing about Tony is... Tony's a racer. And when it's all said and done, he gets in there and does what he has to do and root and gouge a little bit. But when it's all said done, he gets out of the car, and he'll go finish what he started and talk about it and settle whatever differences he has. The great thing about our sport is people either love you or hate you. And usually when there's as many that hate you as love you, you're doing something right on the track. I think most people don't like Tony because he's a competitor. Most people don't like Kurt Busch because he's a dork!".

I laughed out loud when I heard that and I have to agree. If I were picking teams in gym class I'd take Kevin Harvick over Kurt Busch anyday. And another thing...who told him snow angels were a good idea, there's really nothing cool about that.

No comments: