Monday, July 30, 2007

Another Ten Days Down...

Wow, where does the time go. I've tried to get a post done on several occasions in the last few days but someone always seems to be awake. Here are some of my latest musings/happenings...
  • So Drew Carey is replacing Bob Barker as the host of "The Price is Right". I'm not sure how I feel about that, though it doesn't much matter because I'll be back at work before the new shows begin.
  • Last week there was a story about Oscar "The cat of death" on virtually every news/talk show on TV. I thought it rather interesting that he can sense when people are in their final hours better then doctors can.
  • My boyfriend blew his engine in the final stages of the Brickyard 400 yesterday to finish in 34th. He had been running in the top five and actually led some laps. He sounded like he was going to pass out in his post blow-up interview...I hope the move to Hendrick next year brings him back to life.
  • My baby had her hernia surgery today and she did very well. She's such a little trooper. She's been sleeping for the last three hours...I wonder if she's going to sleep tonight...
  • Ingmar Bergman died today (or yesterday). He directed many movies but one mentioned by the news man brought back memories. It's "The Seventh Seal"...I had to watch it in my "Film As Literature" class in college. It's supposedly known for the scene where the knight plays chess with death...I just remember it being boring. I never said I was deep...

I suppose that's it for now. Nothing earth shattering I know. We've had several more visits in the last ten days and expect more in the days and weeks ahead. I have until Tuesday, September 4th to enjoy my "freedom" because then it's back to the grind. Around here it's also the first day of school for the new year. I might just have to go buy myself a new outfit.

No comments: