Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oh, so Cute...

I was sitting on my couch this weekend flipping through the dismal offerings on my cable system, when I stopped on Animal Planet. They were airing this show called "Meerkat Manor." I was quickly sucked in. Camera's have been set up in the desert in Africa to record the daily routines of these cute creatures. Their group is approximately 30 in number and is lead by the dominant female of the group, named Flower. She wears a camera around her neck so we can see what goes on when she goes into their underground burros too. There is drama as owls and other birds of prey try to pick off the totally cute babies. And lots of craziness ensues as they dig for bugs to eat. The icing on the cake is that the whole thing is narrated by Sean Astin of "Goonies" and "Toy Soliders" fame. Original episodes air on Friday's at 8:00pm and are repeated through-out the weekend.

No comments: