Friday, February 24, 2006

Just Like Old Times


I am a 1994 Grad of Elizabethtown College in Lancaster PA. (Go Jays!) and last Saturday night my husband and I, along with my brother and his wife, went to Chickie & Pete's in Philadelphia for a reunion of the old gang. There ended up being ten actual alumni and assorted spouses/significant others. We spent four hours trying to catch up on 12 to 15 years of life events. A few pictures brought back, probably our proudest college moment, graduation. We laughed at bad hair and even worse fashion. Two of the guys in attendance were college crushes of mine and both still lived up to the fantasy twelve years later. Both can still command attention, though for different reasons. One was a jock and a pretty boy, the other, while handsome as sin, is also the nicest guy in the world. With him you feel like you are the only one in the room. Several friends not in attendance asked what it was like spending this evening with my crushes and my husband of almost five years. Since they were only ever crushes not an awkward moment passed. They made me remember what I loved about those four years of my life and what I loved about who I was then. I left with a giddiness that lasted the rest of the weekend.

No comments: