Monday, August 14, 2006

A Whole New Level of Crazy...

Yesterday my dear husband and I went to a three year old's birthday party at Green Lane Park. It was a lovely day for such an event and there were lots of people walking, fishing or riding bike. At some point during the party one of us realized there was a group of people over from us who had brought their cat and had it on a leash, tied to a nearby tree. What we couldn't figure out was why. We're all familar with people who have dogs and bring them to other peoples houses when they visit because they don't want to leave them home alone. There are also a lot of people out there who take their dogs to any outdoor event that they attend, but I thought this behavior was limited to dogs. Did these people actually think their cat wanted to leave the comforts of home behind for an afternoon spent tied to a tree sitting in the dirt. I must say, seeing that was a first for me.

No comments: