Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I Love Me Some Tai Shan

It's been a slow day at the salt mine today - so I took a little time (okay 45 minutes) and tuned in to the panda webcam at the National Zoo in Washington DC. This webcam allows me, from the semi-comfort of my desk, to watch baby panda Tai Shan and his mom. They were quite active today. Tai Shan was running after his mother, climbing trees, and almost falling out, eating leaves etc. I watched him up in a tree for a long time. He'd sit for a while, then try to turn around and inevitably his bottom would fall between the branches and he'd have to spend several minutes extricating himself. It was a great way to spend those 45 minutes. He is the cutest thing on earth. I visited the National Zoo once, when I was in 9th grade. I used my money to buy a small stuffed panda, I'm pretty sure I still have it. Panda's ROCK!!!

No comments: